In today’s episode of the IT Provider Network Podcast, I am going to share a thought process that was shared with me by my coach Alex Charften. As you know if you have been listening to the ITPN podcast for a while, we do a lot of forward planning in our company. We follow the Gazelles Scaling Up methodology Each division sets “rocks” or objectives for each quarter but there never seemed to be any congruity between these rocks and the real things that needed to be improved in our company.
Once I started looking at these 6 core functions our quarterly objectives really started to become dialed in.
The Six Core Functions in your MSP
- Lead Generation – Everything you do to generate a lead. Getting a prospect to raise a hand
- Lead Nurturing – What you do to nurture that lead and turn them into a customer
- Conversion – After the prospect has told you they are a buyer – what you do to propose and close the deal
- Delivery – What you do after the signed contract or PO is received – the steps you take to deliver your service
- Retention – The processes and procedure you use to keep your clients. In an MSP this would be the work of the service and VCIO type teams
- Resell and Upsell – What are you doing to get your clients to buy more of your products and services – usually the work of your account manager.
Start looking at these 6 core functions in your business. Rate them from 1-5 and revisit that rating every 90 days or so. Start working on the lower scoring functions that are at the top of the list. In other words, if Lead Generation and Retention are your problems work on lead generation first.
If you concentrating on any efforts in your company that don’t directly help improve these core functions, you are probably floundering.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
•Comment on the shownotes below
•Email firstname.lastname@example.org (audio files welcome)
Low Volume by it is THE PLACE TO BE for all of my insider information. If you're on the list, you'll be the first to know. Signup Here
Tell 'Em I Sent You
If you investigate or purchase any product or service that I have talked about, please remember to mention that I sent you. I may or may not get a small commission but more importantly I hope to spread the word about the IT Provider Network.Please Subscribe
Please consider Subscribing to the Podcast it is the only measure of listenership I have.
Give me a Review
Your written iTunes reviews encourage me and they help other people find the podcast. If you appreciate the information you are learning from the IT Provider Network then please do me a HUGE FAVOR and write a review on iTunes or on Stitcher!
Connect with Me
On the socials as @TerryRossi or @ITProviderNet
Help a Brother Out