In this episode of the IT Provider Network, I am going to share with you some of my observations from conferences I have just attended and show you how you can get free marketing assistance from your partners.
I attended the 2017 ASCII summit for NY and NY a couple of weeks ago. It was great to connect with the ASCII leadership team, the vendors and my peers in New Brunswick. ASCII is the oldest and largest group of independent IT solution providers, integrators, and VARS in the world. Founded in 1984 by a really interesting guy named Alan Weinberger. They cater to IT professionals by providing the following benefits:
- Better pricing for Distribution – 2% to 15% additional discounts
- E&O Professional Liability Insurance – Group purchasing power equals more value for the money
Free Marketing Assistance
- Done for you eNewsletter – they design and deliver a monthly newsletter for you.
- Done for you social media service – postings to Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In on your behalf
- Large Membership since 1984
- Network of Peers for out of town clients
- One off purchasing without authorizations through other members with authorization
Industry Advocacy and Group Buys
- Work with Manufacturers and Distributors to resolve issues
- Initiate Group Buys for ASCII Members
Hosted Conference by The Channel Company is different in that you are paired up with your peers in boardrooms. 12 MSP’s or solution providers are pitched in 25-minute sessions by qualified vendors that are paying for the conference. I was in the Mid Market 2 group with a great bunch of people. From the board rooms and the keynotes, this was some of the most important take aways to help you build, grown and scale your business.
Observations and Offerings
- Free Marketing Assistance
- MarketNow offering – private label MindMatrix
- Done for You Webinars
- Datto Partner Portal
- Has the king fallen?
- VoIP Service and Free Phones
- MDF Funds
- Intermedia Partner Portal
- Cloud Managed Wireless
- 100% Channel Focused – Great Partner Program
- New Wall Plate Access Point and Switch
- WAAS offering through Synnex
- Partner Program Information
David Russell – Manage To Win
Gary Pica – TruMethods
What you should do right away
- If you are a Datto partner, sign up for MarketNow and drive traffic to your business
- If you are not working with a coach, get one! It’s like having a non-voting board of directors
- Check out AeroHive and the viability of starting a “Wireless as a Service” offering in your company.
- If you want to get more out of conferencing, check out this free course from Michael O’Neal of the Solopreneur Hour called Conferencetopia
Ask your questions or share your feedback
•Comment on the shownotes below
•Email email@example.com (audio files welcome)
Low Volume by it is THE PLACE TO BE for all of my insider information. If you're on the list, you'll be the first to know. Signup Here
Tell 'Em I Sent You
If you investigate or purchase any product or service that I have talked about, please remember to mention that I sent you. I may or may not get a small commission but more importantly I hope to spread the word about the IT Provider Network. Please Subscribe
Please consider Subscribing to the Podcast it is the only measure of listenership I have.
Give me a Review
Your written iTunes reviews encourage me and they help other people find the podcast. If you appreciate the information you are learning from the IT Provider Network then please do me a HUGE FAVOR and write a review on iTunes or on Stitcher!
Connect with Me
On the socials as @TerryRossi or @ITProviderNet
Help a Brother Out